Secure shopping at GYO Seedbank
- A padlock will be visible in the bottom right of your web browser, this means you are in secure mode – this should always be when entering personal or payment details.
- Being in secure mode means all your details are encrypted for increased security (256 bit)
- We use advanced encryption so that your card details cannot be seen
- We use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for all orders placed – this prevents you from inadvertently revealing any personal information
- We use your card details to process your orders and we will ask for them for every order placed
- The three digit card signature code will be required to place an order – this ensures that your card cannot be misused
Always close down your Internet browser after you have finished shopping especially if you use a shared PC. This will delete temporary Internet cookies from any sites that you may have visited and ensure other users do not see your personal details
GYO Seedbank may send you emails from time to time but we would never send an email asking for your security information or log on details, or direct you to a web page that asks for this information.
If you receive an email that appears to be from GYO Seedbank that you suspect is fraudulent, do not click on any links contained within the email or provide any credit card or log on details. Please raise a ticket about this in the support centre.
Additional security steps
You can configure your web browser to tell you when your details are being sent and to warn if they are not being sent in a secure way, to activate this:
Internet Explorer - select OPTIONS on the VIEW menu and then click the SECURITY tab, ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked.
Firefox - select TOOLS then OPTIONS on the tools menu and then click the SECURITY tab, go into settings of the warning messages section - ensure that all the warning boxes have been ticked.
Online security is constantly evolving so, if you are using older versions of any particular we recommend you update your browser to a later version of IE in order to take full advantage of the improved security features.
If you have any further concerns about security, please raise a ticket in the support centre